Have you woken up recently, rushed into the bathroom to start your morning routine, only to be greeted with a blurry mirror and toothpaste stains? Rest assured, you don’t need glasses. You only need a better mirror care routine!
Mirrors provide both function and aesthetic benefits. Small spaces become wide open spaces with the proper placement. Mirrors refract light bringing natural light into any home or office. Beautiful mirrors create the feel of elegance and relaxation. In addition, we rely on mirrors daily from the moment we wake up till our bedtime routine.
But nothing can ruin a room like a dirty or tarnished mirror. With our steps to caring for and cleaning, your mirror can continue to bring beauty to your space for a long time.
Mirror Care Tips
- Your mirror will provide years of service and beauty by following these care and maintenance good practices.
- The safest cleaner for a mirror is clean, warm water applied with a soft cloth. Be careful not to allow the edges of the mirror to remain wet over a period of time.
- Do not use any acidic or alkali cleaners. They can attack the surface and edges as well as the backing of the mirror. Never use an abrasive cleaner on any mirror surface.
- Do not use cleaners with heavy ammonia bases. These, too, can damage the mirror edges and backing and will result in a ruined mirror.
- Never spray any cleaner directly on to a mirror. Instead, apply the cleaner to a soft cloth and then wipe the mirror. This will also prevent “puddling” at the mirror edge where the cleaner could attack the backing.
- Always use soft, grit-free cloths when cleaning a mirror to reduce chances of scratching the surface.
- Be sure to dry all joints and edges thoroughly to be certain no cleaner comes in contact with the edge and backing.
Keep your mirrors looking like new with regular maintenance using the right products. Visit your local GoGlass for our recommended glass and mirror cleaner.
GoGlass is an expert when it comes to mirror installation or residential and commercial glass replacement. The dedicated team will offer you the best advice regarding residential, commercial & auto glass repair that meets your needs as well as your budget. Request a quote for mirror or residential glass repair, replacement & installation services.