5 Reasons Why Auto Glass Repair Should Be Your Priority

auto glass repair service

Vehicles maintenance is not only about keeping them squeaky clean and shining.  Ensuring that all safety standards are in met with due diligence should be treated with priority.

As an example, do you know how and if so, when is the last time you checked any of the following in your car before starting out on a long drive?

1. Tire pressure?
  2. Do you know the size of wheel and tire you need?
  3. Are you sure you won’t run out of washer fluid?
  4. Do you know how to check the coolant before a road trip or how often through routine maintenance?
  5. Is your car battery in good condition? How long is the warranty?
  6. Do you have a handy kit for emergencies?
  7. Is your auto glass in good condition?

In this Blog, let me discuss why it is critical to ensure that your auto windshield is in top working condition.

1. Your auto windshield protects you in conditions like accidental rubble or trash hitting your car windshield. In this situation, if your car windshield is not in a proper condition chances are it will not be able to protect you thereby, resulting in serious injuries.
  2. It is unsafe to ride with cracked, chipped off, broken windshield. You should be able to clearly view the road while driving. Moreover, you should get your windshield repaired from time to time. A cracked or broken auto glass is can decrease your visibility while driving. In addition, sometimes the cracked areas can be distracting as well.
  3. Importantly, the longer you delay repairing your car windshield, the more time you would have to wait for fixing the cracks, as the crack will keep on spreading larger. Finding a skilled repair specialist nearby to your location will not be too hard since a number of auto glass shops offer this service. However, do make sure before giving your vehicle for repair to a specialist that he is good at his work and will offer affordable price for your wallet.
  4. If you do not get your broken windshield repaired for too long then you might have to pay for a replacement rather than a simple repair. That simply indicates you would need to spare more time from your packed schedule and more money out from your pocket. So, be sure you get your auto glass repair done quickly.

15 thoughts on “5 Reasons Why Auto Glass Repair Should Be Your Priority

1. Autoglasschangers says:

Great blog, I got the same trouble on my last week travel, my car windshield was damaged and I repaired it just few days ago. Just visited this blog today and they said really best checklist. It helps me to check before starting out on my next drive. I really thankful to the author for sharing these useful checklists here. I’ll share this on my networks. “Great Job” – (Go Glass)

2. Amanda Drew says:

I didn’t know that waiting to repair a rock chip can make the crack spread and become larger. My car windshield has a small rock chip that it got today, and I was wondering exactly what I was supposed to do for it. I’ll have to find an auto glass store that can repair it for me.

3. Saara Caitrona says:

You are a car owner and it is not fair if you use it for your comforts without paying attention to its basic maintenance. You have to maintain right pressure for its tires with an aim to increase the longevity of the tires. Fluids are also checked and maintained at certain level. You must take care of battery. A poor cell does not allow your vehicle to start. We also repair the brake system, if needed. Most of us completely overlook the condition of auto glass. It’s not a good idea. You must check it at certain interval.

4. Ridley Fitzgerald says:

Our windshield is not as bad as the one in the picture, but it has a crack along the bottom. It is definitely a distraction, like you said it might be. I’ll be sure to get that fixed before we take our long road trip next month.

5. Annika Larson says:

Recently, a rock came up and chipped my windshield. I am wondering if it is important that I go get this fixed quickly. I hadn’t even thought about how the longer I delay having it fixed, the further the crack will spread and the more time I will have to wait for fixing the cracks like you explained.

6. Tyler Meredith says:

It’s interesting that cracks will spread over time if you don’t have them taken care of. I didn’t realize that it could be so problematic to leave a crack be although it makes sense that it’d only become more dangerous. I think simply having the glass repaired now could be a much better option than having it spread and potentially become dangerous. Thanks for the post!

7. Jane Ambrose says:

My husband has been driving around with a cracked windshield for a few weeks now, so I’ve been wanting to figure out if he should go get it fixed or not. It is so true that your windshield is the thing that protects you from outside debris and rubble. In my opinion, safety should be your number one concern when it comes to driving a car. I’ll be sure to share this with him and make sure he takes it in to be fixed soon.

8. Braden Bills says:

I was in a bit of a car accident, and my windshield got damaged pretty bad. It makes sense that I would want to have it replaced! I didn’t realize how important the windshield was.

9. Marcus Coons says:

It really helped when you mentioned how taking the time to replace your windshield as soon as you can prevent the crack from spreading and causing you to spend more when fishing it. I understand that taking the time to consult with a professional can help you decide what to do and get the best services on your auto glass. Personally, I would want to make sure I read online reviews and compare several shops to make sure I get the help of professionals when working on my windshield.

10. Roger Middleton says:

I had no idea that a windshield could be so crucial and that if you don’t get it fixed quickly that the cracks will be able to spread easier. My wife recently came home with a chip in her windshield and since we didn’t take care of it, the crack has now spread across and it’s in her line of sight. I might just have to look into getting the windshield fully replaced because I didn’t catch it soon enough, although I know that in the future if I find one that I’ll have to get them fixed more quickly.

11. idm uninstaller says:

Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thanks!

12. James Hobusch says:

My car has a pretty big crack in the windshield and it worries me. I didn’t know that it could actually be more difficult to repair the crack over time because it could possibly spread or cause more cracks. I’ll have to remember this to ensure my car is safe to drive and that the windshield doesn’t cause issues.