3 Reasons Why Auto Glass Repair Should Be Your Priority

auto glass repair service

Vehicle maintenance is not only about keeping your car squeaky clean.  Ensuring that all safety standards, from your tires to your auto glass, are met with due diligence should be a top priority.

Always check before a road trip or during routine maintenance

• Tire pressure
  • Washer fluid level
  • Coolant
  • Car battery
  • Emergency kit
  • Auto glass

3 Reasons Why Auto Glass Repair Should Be Your Priority

Your auto windshield protects you against road hazards

Solid glass protects you when accidental rubble or trash hits your car windshield. In this situation, if your car windshield is not in a proper condition chances are it will not be able to protect you thereby, resulting in serious injuries.

It is unsafe to ride with cracked, chipped off, broken windshield

You should be able to clearly view the road while driving. Moreover, you should get your windshield repaired from time to time. A cracked or broken auto glass is can decrease your visibility while driving. In addition, sometimes the cracked areas can be distracting as well.

Delaying auto glass repairs increases damage

Importantly, the longer you delay repairing your car windshield, the more time you would have to wait for fixing the cracks, as the crack will keep on spreading larger. Finding a skilled repair specialist nearby to your location will not be too hard since a number of auto glass shops offer this service. However, do make sure before giving your vehicle for repair to a specialist that he is good at his work and will offer affordable price for your wallet.

If you wait to repair your broken windshield repaired for too long, then you might have to pay for a replacement rather than a simple repair. That simply indicates you would need to spare more time from your packed schedule and more money out from your pocket. So, be sure you get your auto glass repair done quickly.

33 thoughts on “3 Reasons Why Auto Glass Repair Should Be Your Priority

1. Autoglasschangers says:

Great blog, I got the same trouble on my last week travel, my car windshield was damaged and I repaired it just few days ago. Just visited this blog today and they said really best checklist. It helps me to check before starting out on my next drive. I really thankful to the author for sharing these useful checklists here. I’ll share this on my networks. “Great Job” – (Go Glass)

2. Amanda Drew says:

I didn’t know that waiting to repair a rock chip can make the crack spread and become larger. My car windshield has a small rock chip that it got today, and I was wondering exactly what I was supposed to do for it. I’ll have to find an auto glass store that can repair it for me.

3. Saara Caitrona says:

You are a car owner and it is not fair if you use it for your comforts without paying attention to its basic maintenance. You have to maintain right pressure for its tires with an aim to increase the longevity of the tires. Fluids are also checked and maintained at certain level. You must take care of battery. A poor cell does not allow your vehicle to start. We also repair the brake system, if needed. Most of us completely overlook the condition of auto glass. It’s not a good idea. You must check it at certain interval.

4. Ridley Fitzgerald says:

Our windshield is not as bad as the one in the picture, but it has a crack along the bottom. It is definitely a distraction, like you said it might be. I’ll be sure to get that fixed before we take our long road trip next month.

5. Annika Larson says:

Recently, a rock came up and chipped my windshield. I am wondering if it is important that I go get this fixed quickly. I hadn’t even thought about how the longer I delay having it fixed, the further the crack will spread and the more time I will have to wait for fixing the cracks like you explained.

6. Tyler Meredith says:

It’s interesting that cracks will spread over time if you don’t have them taken care of. I didn’t realize that it could be so problematic to leave a crack be although it makes sense that it’d only become more dangerous. I think simply having the glass repaired now could be a much better option than having it spread and potentially become dangerous. Thanks for the post!

7. Jane Ambrose says:

My husband has been driving around with a cracked windshield for a few weeks now, so I’ve been wanting to figure out if he should go get it fixed or not. It is so true that your windshield is the thing that protects you from outside debris and rubble. In my opinion, safety should be your number one concern when it comes to driving a car. I’ll be sure to share this with him and make sure he takes it in to be fixed soon.

8. Braden Bills says:

I was in a bit of a car accident, and my windshield got damaged pretty bad. It makes sense that I would want to have it replaced! I didn’t realize how important the windshield was.

9. Marcus Coons says:

It really helped when you mentioned how taking the time to replace your windshield as soon as you can prevent the crack from spreading and causing you to spend more when fishing it. I understand that taking the time to consult with a professional can help you decide what to do and get the best services on your auto glass. Personally, I would want to make sure I read online reviews and compare several shops to make sure I get the help of professionals when working on my windshield.

10. Auto glass st louis says:

Thank you for your information about Auto Glass. I follow your blog for getting information. I am waiting for your next blog.

11. Roger Middleton says:

I had no idea that a windshield could be so crucial and that if you don’t get it fixed quickly that the cracks will be able to spread easier. My wife recently came home with a chip in her windshield and since we didn’t take care of it, the crack has now spread across and it’s in her line of sight. I might just have to look into getting the windshield fully replaced because I didn’t catch it soon enough, although I know that in the future if I find one that I’ll have to get them fixed more quickly.

12. idm uninstaller says:

Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thanks!

13. James Hobusch says:

My car has a pretty big crack in the windshield and it worries me. I didn’t know that it could actually be more difficult to repair the crack over time because it could possibly spread or cause more cracks. I’ll have to remember this to ensure my car is safe to drive and that the windshield doesn’t cause issues.

14. Sarah Smith says:

I agree that it is better to get the cracks in your windshield fixed sooner rather than later. Sometimes it can be as easy as filling a rock chip but if you wait too long that chip can become a crack spanning your windshield. This happened to me once and I ended up having to replace the entire windshield. Ever since then I definitely make sure to get any cracks or chips repaired as soon as they happen!

15. ergfir nolikz says:

Good day I am so thrilled I found your blog, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great work.

16. idm 8 crack says:

Good luck getting people behind this one. Though you make some VERY fascinating points, youre going to have to do more than bring up a few things that may be different than what weve already heard. What are trying to say here? What do you want us to think? It seems like you cant really get behind a unique thought. Anyway, thats just my opinion.

17. Taylor Bishop says:

Thanks for the interesting read on some of the benefits of getting an auto glass repair. I appreciate that you mentioned that the bigger the crack is in the windshield, the longer you will have to wait. Definitely sounds like it can save a lot of time just to get it fixed as quickly as possible. My sister has been thinking of getting a car, so this info could be good to know in the future.

18. Zidane Shepard says:

Thank you for explaining what to look for in your auto glass. I especially appreciate your comments on a crack spreading larger if left in disrepair. I will make sure I remember this for the future, after I find a glass installation company near me.

19. Scott Adams says:

I’m glad that you talked about how cracks will get longer the more you wait to fix them. I cracked my windshield a while ago and I wasn’t sure when to repair it. I’ll have to do it soon so I don’t end up needing to spend more money fixing it later.

20. Derek Dewitt says:

I never realized that it was so dangerous to drive with a broken windshield. Mine got cracked a few months ago, so maybe I should get it fixed before it spreads like you said. I don’t want to risk getting in an accident or spending more on a full replacement. Thanks for sharing.

21. Scott says:

It’s interesting that you talked about how the cracks will keep spreading if you don’t fix them. I have a small crack near the top of my windshield. I can see how it would be good to get it taken care of soon, so it doesn’t cost more later on.

22. Scott Adams says:

I hadn’t thought about how you might need to replace the whole windshield, if you don’t get it taken care of quickly. I was in a small accident, and the windshield is slightly cracked. I can see how it would be nice to have it repaired soon. That way I won’t have to spend more money on a whole new windshield.

23. Alan Welch says:

The cracked windshield or a small glass repair is a very small issue. If a piece of dregs or fragments hits the glass, then also it can put a crack or damage the windshield depending on the size of that debris. Yes, it’s very uncommon. But this small crack can reduce the visibility and hamper the overall safety especially at night or in the extreme weather conditions. Another fact, I would like to tell that it is absolutely a cost-effective repair. But if the issue persists for a longer period of time, then the damage will become worse and can force you to spend hundreds of dollars on repair. Thus, you should not take any crack or glass repair casually, rather you should prioritize these things in your hot list and do necessary repairs or replacement with the help of a skilled auto technician to make your vehicle reliable and save your wallet from draining.

24. Mahir Abelson says:

It is an interesting blog ans also helpful. Thanks for posting it. Yes it is true, Vehicles maintenance is not only about keeping your vehicle high pitched clean and shining. Rather it is the matter related to all safety standards attentively treated with a highest priority. One of the safety standards Is your Auto glass in good condition? The professional advice, to check your windshield as cracked and broken windshield are unsafe to drive. As you get difficulty in your view about current condition of road. A cracked or broken auto glass can decrease your visibility while driving. Hence it is very important to repair it.

25. Dean Pagel says:

If our car glass got cracked we need to take it off immediately cause if not the cracked will spread and that is so delicate. I think simply having the glass repaired now.

26. Khorae Olivier says:

It’s great that you elaborated on the problems and dangers of delaying repairing your auto glass. Last year my husband and I had a small crack in our windshield and were waiting to get it repaired. One night it spread from one side to the other within a 20-minute time span. I’m grateful for your advice about finding a skilled repair service at a reasonable price before it gets too late.

27. Julius Amberfield says:

I agree with you when you said that the windshield should always be the main priority because its the one responsible for protecting the family in case of an accident, and it will fail to do its job if it’s not in proper condition. The windshield of my brother’s car was chipped a few days ago because of a small debris that fell on it while he was driving around the neighborhood. He was convinced that it will be alright if he puts the repair on hold, but I am not convinced. Considering that he has four children, I am pretty sure I can use this argument to convince him. Thank you for sharing.

28. Ashley Turns says:

Since my husband and I have a cracked windshield, we are wondering if we should have our auto glass repaired. So thanks for pointing out that riding in a car with a cracked windshield could decrease your visibility. Since I don’t have the best eyesight to begin with, We will be sure to have our auto glass repaired soon.